Tuesday 1 May 2018

Trading Up

Hola!

So, I'm currently in the middle of two weeks off work. Previously I've set some some hobby goals during these periods. Last week was far more fluid but achieved the following;

1. I've finished up the Plague Marines and sold off 40K.
2. I've watched the first season of Lost in Space, which is pretty damned good!
3. I spent Sunday playing 5 games of casually competitive X-Wing.

With 1 I sold EVERYTHING (rulebook, codecies, squishy dice) to a lovely chap working as a second hand seller. It was the whole 40K bundle, a pile of Dreadball and an unused niche WWII board/war-game.

I got £300 and a day out with a good gaming mate. Driving home I would have been happier with a bit more than that but discussing it as adults I came round to the WeBuyAnyCar.com reality. I.E. the guy is running a business and he's doing all the hard graft and dealing with the agg that I'm not, so fair deal.
So here's what the bulk of my £300 looks like, otherwise known as the bulk of my hobby for the foreseeable :) As with X-Wing I've been looking to fly some more Meta Armada lists and the Liberty will let me do that for Rebs.

Legion meanwhile fills a specific modelling / panting hobby hole. I don't NEED Legion in my gaming roster but it's a big side of the Hobby for me and it's another good strong game. For variation I'm likely to focus on the Rebs first, looking to go Rogue One (sabbatoeurs / assassins) with the feel of the force. I've got a few sprues of Warlord Royal Marines knocking about for some extra packs and stowage, plus a bunch of berets! I've also picked some alternative alien heads from Gadzooks Gaming. A set of mix and match camo pain't schemes will seal the deal. Looking forward to this one :)

With 3 I've moved from Thweek-Gar and been playing about with a Nym / Dengar list which really seems to work rather well. Sunday was six of us playing some competitive lists with two of our number off to Worlds.  Nym-Gar gave an unexpectedly strong account of itself, even beating Rebel OP3 flown by James Finlayson who's been terrorising Regionals all over the country with it. As such it's going to the ETC Qualifier at Warboar Games on Sunday.

It will also be my first official outing as a "Dirty Casual", a tittle that I feel I can justify with Scum Nym as opposed to Rebel Nym ;)

Meanwhile the target before I go back to work is to get the Legion stuff built and base-coated. Hope springs eternal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment