Monday 18 September 2017

Spoils of War

Hello people,

++++ WARNING: OBLIGATORY POST GAMING EVENT POST ++++

So, back from Nationals. As previously mentioned it was a very positive weekend being a geek. I also made out like a bandit for swag;

Alt arts are clearly a big thing these days, I was gifted a full half dozen to go with the gorgeous X-Wing participation Howlrunner and the Destiny BB-8 that I traded for an Armada Screed, Rebel Transport and X-Wing.

Getting a few side events in I gathered enough tickets for the Netrunner mat and picked up Hey That's My Fish! as it's an awesome pick up game.

The Netrunner mat won out over an Armada Howlrunner alt art. Part of that was because after the weekend I'd rather look at Netrunner than Destiny.

I played 10 games of Destiny over the weekend, loosing every single one. I still enjoyed those games but I simply can't compete with the card pool that I have. As much as I'm sure I could have played better I was meeting Teir 1 lists even on the lowest tables, as well as the "casual" side events. Without spending a couple of hundred I can't get close. Not salt, just reality. Still a fun pick up game but no longer an event game for me personally.
Getting back up to speed with Netrunner will mean putting in the effort with game time and going back to a steeple learning curve but that's always been a lot of the attraction for me. As an LCG I can take out the random element of the card pool and concentrate on playing better.

That's the theory ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment