Friday 3 June 2016

Expect the Unexpected

So, despite my apocalyptic predictions I actually had a pretty good day.

Opening game of the day was triple Jumpmasters. Not so good. Settling down I got stuck in, leading with Oicunn. Despite forgetting Issard and my Ion Bomb I traded Oicunn for two of the Jumps and played the patient game to grind out the win. First time against Jumps. Big grin :)

Second game was triple Jumps again, the result not quite so good. Third was 8 Zs, the fourth Imp Aces against an excellent player and a good buddy. I was competitive throughout to go 2-2, the Aces game being one of the best I've played for a while.

Back in the groove with Mojo fully restored I went in to the fifth contemplating dropping to regroup for tomorrow's main event. The accompanying mental lift cost the game but provides a final lesson for the day.

Walked away with a Hera card and fully recharged X-Wing battery.

Tomorrow's going to be a good day, whatever the result ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment