Sunday 20 July 2014

Wherever I May Roam!!

Heard that one on the radio yesterday and it's still rattling around :)

Brace yourself people, it's a post with newly painted figures!! Yes, I know it's been a while but I finally got a full afternoon in with the brush and finished off the armoured support for my Commandos.

I've enjoyed these and making the effort to do a bit of conversion work and add plenty of detail. I've chucked on a reasonable amount of "liberated" stowage and made the investment in a number of Warlord's decal sheets to mark them up as belonging to the 10th Black Bull Division. It's also been nice to work through the stages of paint, decal, shade, highlight and weather. It's been a while since I've put in this sort of effort, which WWII lends itself to so well.

So an AEC Armoured Car, two Bren Carriers and the Wasp. Working out the Painting Points I reckon an average of four a piece is fair for a total of 16.

While I was playing with the decals I put the shoulder patches on Ponsonby-Smyth and Spatchcock and re-shot them and Polyp as I've finally found the camera charger.

Kind of on a roll.....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment