Sunday 18 January 2015

Reach for the Skies?

Hello people,

I've recently realised that it's been quite a while since I racked up any Painting Points. In fact I haven't  claimed any since early November. I have had brush-time since then I've just not posted about it!

So, as I've just finished up all of my outstanding X-Wing fleet I thought it was about time. Since last time I've finished up my current Imperial fleet with another 3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Interceptors, a Decimator and the apple of my eye my Lambda Shuttle.

Generally speaking the scheme has been pretty simple; a white spray, Agrax Earthshade wash highlighted to Celestra Gray with Mephiston Red contrast shaded with Drakenhof Nightshade.
The TIEs are pretty simple really with blue canopies and lasers for contrast. Picking up an Imperial Aces and a single Interceptor pack I decided to go for some proper contrast and went for a "Dark Interceptor". Drybrushed up through various greys all the way to codex and then wash back down with Drakenhof it was another simple win. One PP a piece.
The Decimator paint-job benefited from previous struggles with the Firespray and Lamda as I'd established both theme and methodology. White Spray, Agrax wash, drybrush back up, red sections washed Drakenhof and highlighted followed by detailing and transfers.

The real work was knowing when to stop with the detailing and transfers keeping the look balanced between manga-nes (my phrase) yet still military (Rebel Moff Raider rather the full Pirate).Pretty please with the result. 4 Painting Points.

And finally the flying pig, now monikered "Lazy Sow". A LOT of work went into this job as I worked through, with severe doubts halfway through. I really wanted a banged up, well worn look and some judicious weathering and glazes have doen the job well. To me she's the Ford Cortina of the Galactic Empire with regulation bumper sticker ;) Just recently I've had a lot of compliments at tourneys and that's been great.

Another four Painting Points rounding out at 14 to kick off 2015. Ba-Zinga!

No comments:

Post a Comment